Naeem Akhtar Sheikh, FCA
He is a senior partner, UHY Hassan Naeem& Co., Chartered Accountants. He is an expert in the field of Taxation and is the National Partner Tax of the firm.
He also holds valuable experience towards Financial Management, Mergers and Acquisitions, Corporate Finance, Re-organization etc.
He holds the position of Senior Partner in UHY Hassan Naeem & Co., Chartered Accountants UHY HNCO(www.uhy-hnco.com), a member of UHY International having presence in over 100 countries with over 350 offices all over the world. In Pakistan, UHY HNCO has presence in three major cities and ranked among ten top firms, as per revenue data released by Federal Board of Revenue (FBR).He is the founding partner of the firm, which was set up in 2006. He has also served as a partner in a leading firm for 15 years before joining the above firm.
Mr. Sheikh has achieved remarkable milestones throughout his professional career. He is an expert in the field of taxation and carries with him more than three decades of rich experience in taxation compliance and litigation.
He also carries valuable and diversified experience in change management, human resource management, corporate finance, financial advisory and corporate re-organization etc.
Brief Synopsis of Significant Achievement
- Acted as financial consultant to DHA, Lahore (2000 – 2002). He carries a special niche for real estate and during his tenure he successfully negotiated project worth US $ 500 Million for multi-story housing complex and golf course project (Defense Raya).
- Past President of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan (2013-14) and served the ICAP Council for eight years (2009-2016).
- Past President of the South Asian Federation of Accountants (SAFA a SARC apex body) and also served its board both as member and advisor (2016-2017)
- Chairman Tax Anomaly committee, Federal Board of Revenue, for federal Budget 2021.
- Member task force for restructuring of FBR (2001) set up by federal Government under the leadership of Mr. Shahid Hussain (Senior vice president World Bank).
- Served as a technical advisor to PAODC (Professional Accountant Organization Development Committee) of International Federation of Accountants (IFAC 2010-2013).
- Current member of the PAODG of International Federation of Accountants since 2016.
- Acted as Chairman of Northern Regional Committee of ICAP (NRC) for eight years and served as member for eight years (1993to2001).
- During my tenure as council member actedas Chair of various committees of ICAP, significant amongst those were:
- Professional and Technical advisory committee.
- Investigation committee.
- Education & Training committee.
- Taxation Committee.
- Examination committee.
- Continuing Professional development committee.
- Acted as Chair Election committee- ICAP, and conducted first elections by using complete digital platform in the year 2021.
- Acted as a Chair of Audit Committee– ICAP (2019-2021).
- Member of Alternate Dispute Resolution Committee of FBR and various advisory committees.
- Member for the committee constituted by SECP for development of structure and laws relating to Accounting Oversight Board.
- Sitting Board member of Postal Life Insurance Company Ltd.
- Has contributed towards various article both locally and internationally, more recent among those are:
- Revenue Mobilization beyond Compliance and Reforms (2020)
- Every Cloud has a silver lining–ICAP’s push for online examination( December 9, 2021)
- Strengthening our Membership through Toastmasters(June 14, 2019)
- How ICAP’s Expertise and Experience Supported Pakistan’s Journey to an Audit Oversight Board (Oct. 29, 2020)
- If there is a Poor Public Perception of Disciplinary Processes, Is It Truly Serving the Public Interest? How ICAP Made a Good I&D System Great (Nov. 12, 2018)
- He is a professional speaker and has delivered speeches both in Pakistan and internationally at various conferences, seminars, webinars, FBR, Universities etc.
Bachelor of Commerce Hailey College of Commerce, University of Punjab (1985)
Chartered Accountant Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan (1990)
Directors Training Programme. Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan (2018)