Qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 1989, worked as a Partner Tax in S M Masood & Co. Chartered Accountants from July 01, 1992 upto 30 April 2006 and left as senior partner to form this new ractice.
He is an expert in the field of Taxation and is the National Partner Tax of the firm. He carries with him rich experience of two decades both in Taxation compliance & litigations. He has numerous lands Mark reported cases to his credit.
Mr. Naeem Akhter Sheikh was the member of the committee formed for Administrative Reform and restructuring of Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) by Govt of Pakistan in 2001, headed by Mr. Shahid Hussain (Senior Vice President of World Bank). This committee did some instrument work which laid basis for reforms which are being carried out for last ten years & have significantly improved the performance of the Board.
He is also an expert in the field of financial management, contract negotiation and corporate finance. He has a special niche for real estate development projects and his project include successfully negotiation of real estate project worth US $ 500 Million for multi story housing complex and golf course project. He has already acted as financial advisor to Pakistan Army and was also financial advisor to Defense Housing Authority Lahore.
He also holds valuable experience towards change management, corporate reorganization & research studies.
Mr. Sheikh is a sitting council member of Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan. He is also technical advisor to DNC (Developing Nation Committee) of International Federation of Accountants (IFAC).
He is a professional speaker and has been delivering lectures to various professional bodies including Institute of Chartered Accountant of Pakistan, Directorate of Income Tax Training, Association Of certified Accountants UK and Lahore University of Management Sciences etc.
Naeem Sheikh specializes in the following client sector:
- Real Estate Development
- Leasing & Other Finance
- Clothing & footwear.
Fields of Expertise
- Corporate & Personal Taxation
Ø Planning & Advice
Ø Compliance Support
Ø Litigation/ Appellate work
- International Taxation.
- Corporate Organization & Re-organization.
- Corporate & Public Finance.
- Financial Advisory.
Professional Contribution & Positions Held
- Task Force on Tax Administration Pakistan Federal Board of Revenue (2002)
- Council, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan (ICAP) – (2009 to 2013)
- Developing Nation Committee IFAC – (2009 to 2012)
- Examination Committee ICAP
- Technical Advisory Committee ICAP
- Executive Committee ICAP
- Northern Regional Committee ICAP
- Investigation Committee ICAP
- Education & Training Committee ICAP – (2011 to 2012)
- CPD Committee ICAP
- Joint Committee of ICAP & FBR – (2010 to 2011)
- Northern Regional Committee ICAP – (2007 to 2008)
- Taxation Committee ICAP – (2010 to 2011)
International Conferences Attended
- Nexia International Tax Conference, Istanbul, Turkey – 1995
- Nexia International Annual Conference, Athens, Greece – 1997
- Nexia International Tax Conference, San Francisco, USA – 2000
- UHY International Annual Conference, Spain – 2008
- UHY International Annual Conference, Santiago, Chile – 2009
- UHY International Annual Conference, London – 2011
- UHY International Annual Conference, Chicago, USA – 2012.
- UHY international Annual Conference, Shanghai, China – 2013.